Every time we had a party at our home, I remembered the way we all gathered to taste the delicious dessert which dearest mum always made. There is something about desert which makes it sweet and sinful. I could never have enough of it, but on Christmas last year we had a bunch of guests coming up.
We were all geared up for the big bash as we were meeting them after nearly three years. When they came for dinner, they wanted cookies but two of my uncles were diabetic. It dampened everyone’s mood to know that they couldn’t taste my mom’s heavenly cookies. Smart mom played the saviour yet again and she came up with this amazing sugar free Christmas cut out cookies. Here go savour it.
Christmas Cut-Out Cookies
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cups of cake flour
- ½ cup of shortening
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 3 tbsp of sugarfree Natura
- ½ cup of skim milk
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of water
- Take a bowl and add egg along with shortening and sugarfree Natura to it.
- Beat it well.
- Now take another bowl and add all the dry ingredients in it.
- Now, add milk along worth water and vanilla to it.
- Pour the flour mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Make sure to chill the dough for 2 hours.
- Now preheat your oven to 325 degrees F
- Roll the dough to 1/8th inch thickness and now cut the cookies.
- Bake it for 10 minutes
It did take some time before these cookies were ready but they tasted delicious and more so, they painted smiles on faces that had gone gloomy because of being diabetic. Isn’t that what Christmas is all about? Spread smiles even if it is sans sugar?